Share your thoughts about a course / Partilhe o que pensa sobre o curso / Comparta sus pensamientos sobre una carrera.

about Academic Recognition and instruments

about Academic Recognition and instruments

por Dolores Hernández -
Número de respostas: 0

About intruments, I think it is a great think that ECTS has placed students at the center of the educational process. I believe that in Am Lat, we are still, despite some efforts done, quite far away from such a regional instrument within a common space for higher education.

However, the fact that Am Lat does not have a unified space for higher education or a shared credit system can work as an advantage in the sense that we could say that more than ever we are undergoing a transformation that is placing students more at the center of learning. 

At the same time, without a unified credit system, we as a region have the chance to make the most of the fact that there is much room for diversity and local experiences which are no doubt essential to student-centered learning in 2021 and on.

I think it is likely that whatever instrument we may design in the future would, hopefully, represent current changes and would give space to flexibility, transformation and less homogeneity. 

Ideally, any credit system that is a result of a student centered approach, when part in the process of academic recognition should make possible a student centered outcome in terms of recognition. 

I believe it is a great challenge and there is much to learn about Europe's experience.